
Don't get me wrong, I love this dog. He is our gentle giant. I've known him since he was a few months old. Now, at 8.5 years old Collin weighs over 100 lbs and will do anything for food.
Within 18 hours of having him, Collin managed to completely destroy our trash. We think trying to get to chicken goodness in the bottom. As a bonus, he found many other tasty items. Poor Alice came to our house and found the mess! She yelled at Collin and laughed at Molly who was running around the house with an ice cream carton in her mouth (clearly not the culprit). Molly is opportunistic to say the least. A few days later, Collin got into the trash again! This time while Welford and I were both home! Crazy dog! So I dug out our dog proof trash can, and we are now using that for the remainder of his stay. I am sure Collin's hooligan behavior gave Molly a new found boldness.... she darted past me twice this week and ran away. Something never attempted in over a year.
Abby doesn't seem to mind him, and in fact has really taken to him. Even when he's sharing her blanket. She does get a kick out of him, especially when he plays with Molly. Boy does she laugh!!! :D And it provides double the entertainment for her on our walks. We can certainly say we won't miss the big lug when he's gone, but we're certain Molly will mope around for a day or two.

No comments:
Post a Comment