Well, this is at least what Abigail says when she is looking for me, so I imagine you have been doing the same. My long lost friend. I say, it has been a while. Let me catch you up on the highlights since I've started working and Abigail has started school... you know, last November.
-Thanksgiving 2010-
Ear infections, colds, more colds, raggedness, Thanksgiving!, more colds, Christmas, ear infections, my ear drum ruptured, turning 30, more colds, more ear infections, but OH the LEARNING!
Abigail's school is A-MAZING to say the least. The first week she was there I knew we had completely made the right decision in picking them. Abby knows sign language, and if you can't understand what she is saying, Abby will then proceed to sign it to you. No joke. You have never felt dumber in your life than having your child sign to you because you don't know what she's saying. I mean, she's trying to talk to you in 2 languages and you can't understand either of them. And it hasn't been all bad despite my highlights list. Although it is a joke at work that I am alergic to work, or at least the building, because I have not had a healthy week since I started working. Oh the joy of daycare germs. It reminds me of visiting Patrick when he was this age. I'd go to work Monday morning after a weekend visit and my coworkers would ask how Patrick was doing, solely based on the fact I was sick. The price you pay for having such amazingly wonderful and perfect kids in your life I suppose. I wouldn't change it for the world.
-Thanksgiving 2010-
All in all, we have "kind of" settled in to a double working parent household. I am now jealous of ALL moms who keep their house clean, but really, those who have time to even make it to the grocery store. I'm hoping with a bigger house, we will be able to do a better job of keeping things in their place. But who am I kidding, it just means more to make a mess in and more to clean up. I choose to live in my happy place for now.
So, yes. A bigger place! Welford and I are buying our first house! Hopefully closing March 31, moving the first week of April. Please come visit us. We'll have a proper guest room! I am needless to say stressed. My stomach has been in a knot for 2 weeks now and I've had a "tension" headache for a month, or so the doctor says. I have been keeping a journal of my pains these past few days to share with the doctor on Monday.... but you know, what mom has time to journal, so this journal is in my head. I'll write it down tomorrow... but that's what I said yesterday. :) Back to the house. LOVE IT. I mean, it needs work. It backs up to a creek, has a wooded back yard, and is on 0.73 acres, which is huge compared to the average lot size in Henrico County. It is a small walk from Deep Run Park. One of my favorite places to go when it's nice out.
Abby is a blessing daily in our lives. I mean, I know I'm biased, but she is completely super amazing. And the sweetest beauty ever.
Molly is sensing our move, and tearing up the house.... so she is crated when we are not home.
Welford is loving his job and looking forward to summer. Things are so great and we are so fortunate that he was hired for this position.
No comments:
Post a Comment