
Abby is also 11 months old as of yesterday. What?! You read correctly... 11 months old, one more month until her first birthday!!! My, oh, my. And let me tell you, she is a handful. She is not yet walking (although we think she's close) Abby can and will get into anything and everything she wants.

I usually don't mind this because we watch her like a hawk. But after playing in the dog water bowls (loves this, getting wet and splashing) and pulling all of the rice out with Mommy catching it before it hit the dog water... hehehe.... yes, I decided it would be less stressful to just install those cabinet safety locks. Abigail 0, Mommy 1. Yes! The few kitchen cabinets that I left available for her to open include the Tupperware, pots and pans, and towel cabinets. I have hilarious video of her that the photo above depicts, and will try to get it up sooner than later.
We have a nest of Killdeer eggs in our development. I check on them weekly to ensure the cats and lawnmowers haven't destroyed them. The eggs will take 24-28 days to hatch... so by my calculations... I noticed 2 eggs on April 13, and all 4 were there on April 19... perhaps May 13? Or sometime around then. Oh, I hope the lawnmower guys don't kill them. I always thought it was funny that the parent runs away from the nest and acts hurt. Surely animals don't fall for this?!... Yes, yes they do... Molly didn't care what I was looking at or taking photos of... she just wanted to go eat the injured bird. Too funny. So it made me feel better about the cats... only if the lawnmowers spare them.
Easter Day in Spotsylvania. What a beautiful day, in a beautiful place. Abby was not too thrilled to be playing in the grass and often found me for refuge to climb on.
What is Abby doing at 11 months? She can talk! She knows DaDa, pointed to MaMa today although doesn't say it, She knows Doggie, Molly, Collin, and today said Cracker when I gave her a cracker! I get so excited when she learns a new word!! Today, a little guy got in her face at the park, and she tilted her head back and leaned forward a bit... expecting a kiss! We've been trying to teach her kisses, mainly to replace her biting our face. Which hurts, let me tell you. But it's so funny because she doesn't quite get the kissing motion, but gets that our mouths are involved as well as head tilting. It cracked me up. Of course the little guy didn't kiss her, so she looked at me a bit puzzled. It was so cute! And oh, man, can she eat! She eats anything... yes, even jalapenos! Not too spicy, just for flavor mainly, but she ate them in beans and in turkey burgers and loved it. An apple not too far from her trees, my friends. :D At her 12 month appointment, I'll bullet out her milestones again!
I apologize for the 5 blogs in one... will get back on track soon enough!

No comments:
Post a Comment