Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Maymont Park


Today Abigail and I were very excited to have a wonderful play date today with Katie Drummond and the beautiful 11 months old Miss Josey (who loved Abby dearly). After being stranded with no car at the house for a few days (Welford is "fixing" the Jetta), Katie graciously came and picked us up. We first went to lunch before deciding what to do with our possible rainy day. After a few wraps at Palani Drive... peaches and sweet potatos for Josey, Abby went without.... we decided to go to Maymont Park. I had not been there since I was little, and cannot remember going really, and Abby had never been. Wow, what a great place! On the way, Katie gave me a bit of the history behind the park as well as all of the different places we could visit once there.... the Italian garden, the Japanese garden, the main house, the petting zoo, etc. With our girls in strollers we decided to tour the park, and yes, even did a bit of off-roading. A blast! I am sad to say that Abby missed out on most of it due to a jostling nap, but we will surely go back when she can be a bit more bright eyed and bushy tailed... a lovely picknick with Welford perhaps. After venturing through the Japanese garden, we took the short cut and strong armed our girls up the stairs - which was not as bad as I thought it would be. At the top of the stairs was an amazing walkway with a rose garden on the side, as I have just seen on the map this was the Italian garden. Such a beautifully romantic place. It is fitting that I was there with my ktkok. ;) Needless to say a reward for the small hike up the hill. We then bought waters out of the spider web and iron bar encased vending machines, and watched Josey pick grass with such inquisitiveness. So much fun!

We both decided we should have play dates more often... and perhaps one day we'll include the boys. Next time I'll take pictures. But if you are ever in Richmond and need something to do, I highly recommend visiting the free admission Maymont Park. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment